Thursday 15 April 2010

LONDON SCHOOL OF MODELLING & ME




When I first arrived at the London school of Modelling and met the other girls who were also doing the boot camp weekend, that was it I was full up with nerves and there was no way I could act half as confident as any of them!

Im from Alderney in the Channel Islands and I have lived here since I was 8 years of age this is why I found it so difficult to grasp the concept of being around so many new people and it made me realise I need to work on my people skills and being able to hold a conversation with strangers something which Debbie and Charlotte explained is very important in the industry considering you have to go to agencies etc.

I was comparing myself to the other girls and there was no way in my mind I looked as good as any of them! Despite this everyone who is part of the school fills all the girls with solid valuable information that gave me that little booster I needed! The days are crammed full of exciting activities which range from intense catwalk training to group discussions on exercises, food & make up advice, they also get you learning a dance routine with a pro dance teacher!
I thought of myself before this weekend as quite an outgoing, easy to get along with person, but as soon as a camera was pointed towards me I crumbled! BIG NO NO!! This as I was obviously instructed was not a good sign something of which would definitely stop me making it into the industry, but as soon as the London school of modelling had instructed me on different pose techniques and how to work the whole image with a certain emotion I was swept away into my own little world. It was just the photographer, and I, which was a fantastic feeling.

The weekend I decided to go to the London School of Modelling actually happened to be the weekend a film crew was filming for a potential tv series on the school, I thought this was brilliant and it actually added a little more fun to the weekend because if we were at any point waiting for styling or hair and make-up (which was only ever a couple of minutes) we would be approached by the crew who asked valuable questions an also gave me personally the chance to grow in confidence. Before I new it the weekend had ended I was dying to see my photo’s and awaited my chance to speak with Charlotte or Debbie.

The images blew me away I was so made up with how everything worked and the individual image the school had created for me, over the weekend I had looked at the other girls an there outfit combinations and envied them but at the very first moment I saw my pictures I understood the image the school had decided to give me and I loved it! Soon after getting home I was called up by Charlotte I had been chosen along with Josie Piercy and Charotte herself to appear in Celebrity Heat Magazine with Lee Ryan. I was so excited this was fantastic! The school has given me the head start and the chance to make it in the industry I would recommend the school to anybody that feels they could be a model

No comments:

Post a Comment